ExciteSteam is a romance focused newsletter.
Our audience likes reads on the steamy side. We welcome submissions from authors. Please review the information below before submitting.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Promos
- New releases
- Stalled backlist titles
- The first book in a series (which boosts the other books in that series)
HOOK new readers with your freebie.
Excite Steam Facebook Page: Books will be featured on our Facebook page.
Excite Steam Website: Books will be listed on our website.
- Amazon: We have seen as many as 1200 clicks on free books.
- Barnes & Noble: We've seen up to 300 clicks on free books.
PRICED (Discounted) Books:
- Amazon: We've had clicks in the 400 range
- Other retailers: Click-through rates are always lower (99¢ is the most popular price point).
NOTE: These are clicks, not sales. There is no guarantee your book will see the same numbers.
We don't pass over good books with explicit sex scenes, we welcome them! But please remember – we expect your book to be a ROMANCE. Please don't misrepresent your book – readers won’t be happy with us or you!
We are looking for quality titles for our readers. ALL titles must have an average review of 4 stars or higher (new releases will be evaluated on the basis of the author's back list reviews).
We prefer novels, but exceptional novellas (at least 50 pages in length) will be considered if they have a good sales rank, good reviews, and a 99 cent or less price point.
Free and discounted books are preferred. Permafree books will be considered.
We do accept boxed sets (single or multi author).
Only one title per author is allowed per newsletter, unless the second title is a multi-author box set.
We do not currently promo books before they are published (on pre-order).
We are willing to give new authors a try!
Submitting your book does not guarantee that it will be accepted. We do have a brief review process. We are more likely to accept books with high quality covers, good blurbs, and positive reviews (We don’t expect new releases to have many.)
Sometimes we run promotion discounts or provide coupon codes through our Author Newsletter – news and information specifically for authors who are interested in promoting their books through us.
We also occasionally offer author cross promotions, which usually include a dedicated newsletter and blog post, Facebook ads, and a Facebook chat bot post. These special offers will be announced in our Author Newsletter.
Subscribe to our Author Newsletter today to get word of all author discounts and special promotions!
Ready to book?
Below is our promotion menu. Click on one of these options, or simply scroll down, to see more details.
Concierge Package NEW!
Let us do the work for you! Please submit at least 10 days before requested start date.
This package includes:
- a solo promo newsletter – only YOUR book will be promo’ed (view an example here)
- a second newsletter to non-openers (of the solo promo newsletter)
- a giveaway (see below for details)
- a Facebook boosted post
~~~ Newsletter Promotions ~~~
Access thousands of lovers of steamy romance with our weekday newsletters. Which one is right for you?
NEW! You can now book your promotion online directly, for a specific date and time. (Please note that the “times” are just to control the number of bookings – they do not indicate the actual time that newsletters are sent out.) Remember, the earlier you book your promo, the better your chances of securing your desired date!
- Please note that all bookings will be reviewed for suitability and quality. Unsuitable titles will be cancelled and refunded in full.
- Promotions can be booked up to 60 days in advance.
- We do not typically promo a book more than once. However, you may submit a repeat title for consideration once every 90 days.
- Scheduled promotions will be forfeit and no refund available if all requested information is not provided via the booking form.
Monday newsletters are for freebie titles only.
Wednesday and Friday newsletters are for new releases, 99 cent deals, box sets, freebies and audio books.
Tuesday and Thursday newsletters are for solo promotions (one title only, with an excerpt) and series promotions.
Book and Pricing Requirements
- Have an average review of 4 stars or higher
- Be published by the booked promo date (no pre-orders)
- Be listed at the price you indicate NO LATER THAN 5 a.m. EST on the day of the scheduled promotion
- If you are running a Kindle Countdown Deal, Amazon U.S. Countdowns default to 8 a.m. PST(PDT). Please adjust accordingly.
- We recommend submitting book pricing changes the day before.
- Remain at the indicated price for AT LEAST 24 HOURS after the day of the scheduled promotion
- Meet the additional section requirements below
~~~ Facebook Promotions ~~~
Facebook Boosted Posts
We offer Facebook boosted posts. We will post your title on our Facebook page and promote it to our subscribers.
Please submit requests at least 10 days before requested start date.
Promotions can run from one 24-hour window up to a maximum of 14 days; they can be extended with at least three days’ notice before the end of the run. Boosts will not start on Saturdays or Sundays.
Promotions are charged a flat fee plus your individual budget for the promotion. The budget will be invoiced via PayPal after your promotion is approved; please check your PayPal email for the invoice. Unpaid invoices will result in cancellation of your promotion and no refund of the admin fee.